¿Qué es la CARBONILLA, cómo se genera, que daños produce?
The engine, the heart of our vehicles
The engine has been developed and designed by the manufacturer to give us power and specific performance, always having to get the level of emissions comply with European standards. This means that the engine and all inlet and outlet air of the combustion
chamber is designed with a specific diameter, so that the air volume of the mixture is adequate and the most efficient combustion is possible, within the limits to follow.
The inlet and exhaust gas of the engine, have a specific diameter, to suck and evacuate the designed gas volume to the combustion chamber.It is also designed the perfect sealing of the combustion chamber through the valve seat, the segments and rings, which retain well the compression of each explosion to prevent lubrificants and coolers to enter in the same and do not damage the engine.
Keep in mind that our engine displacement is the result of an exact capacity of the combustion chamber of each cylinder.
Therefore, as we care for our heart cholesterol it is essential to maintain the maintenance plans prescribed by the manufacturers. But can we do more?
While all this set of elements inside the engine remains free, both internal and external agents that alter the rated capacity, the engine will develop its full power, performance and balanced operation.
¿Are these maintenance enough to avoid the loss of benefits?
The answer is simple, No.
Since the oil only lubricates and prevents the wear of the parts that are subject to friction, coolants only prevent overheating and filters only prevent the entrance of impurities and foreign objects to conduits.
¿Wich regular maintenence exists?
- Filters and oil change
- Cooler liquid level inspection
- Brake pads change
- Air filter change
- Fuel filter change
What is the main reason that gradually causes a loss of performance in the engine heart?
There are essentially two factors. The first factor is the wear of the material itself due to the use, and the second is waste buildup (carbon) derived from incomplete combustion.
The vehicle motor, needs to burn fuel in the combustion chamber to generate movement, its important to note that for every liter of fuel burned only 25% generates the movement, the other remaining 75% is converted into heat, gases and solid waste pollutants (carbon).
The generated waste, resulting from incomplete combustion, accumulates slowly around the motor circuit, first in the elements that are in contact with the area where the fuel burns, which is inside the combustion chamber of each engine cylinder.
Then begins to deposit waste outside the combustion chamber itself, they are deposited by all elements of the intake and exhaust, such as elbows, EGR, FAP, turbo, catalyst and others, thus creating a process that could be compared to the effects that produces cholesterol in the arteries of the heart, a blockage of the tubes that causes progressive loss of performance and engine power, increased consumption, costly breakdowns, etc.
Carbon builds up quickly in the engine and in the parts involved in the process of combustion and evacuation creating obstructions that cause difficult to detect and solve failures and often costly breakdowns.
Internal Engine Decarbonization Service
Inside the engine in the combustion chamber and the elements that interact directly with it, accumulations of tenths of millimeters of residues (carbon) affects and interferes with its effectiveness, is the big difference from the accumulation of waste solids in motor external systems such as intake and exhaust. In external systems of the combustion chamber, can be given cases where combustions waste materials in some areas exceed a thickness of 1.5 cm, until an error in the dashboard is revealed. However the same thickness in the combustion chamber will result in the engine breakdown. We can cite as an example that in the combustion chamber only a few tenths of waste in the valve seat, are enough to start losing benefits due to loss of compression, which also carries the motor to rotate decompensated.
How often should I do an internal decarbonization?
FROM THE FIRST 15.000 - 20.000 VEHICLE KMS.
During the first 1520,000 km covered in a new vehicle, already had been deposited combustion waste materials and in most cases very mild and just in that moment, performing regularly we can prevent that they are consolidated.
If the vehicle already has his years and more than 20,000kilometers waste materials derived from the combustion have probably reached a considerable thickness and although they have not reached levels to produce breakdowns, it is highly recommended to perform a deep decarbonisation
Decarbonisation should be performed every 1520.0000 kilometers and it should be included in the maintenance, like all other existing tasks.